September 13, 2011

Teammate Tuesday: Wes


Meet Wesley Parlette, our spicy green bean on our team. Wes recently graduated from Stevenson University with a B.S in Middle School Education (Social Studies and English concentration). His hometown is Columbia, Maryland and traditionally celebrates his birthday on June 7th [the day he was born].


Wes' claim to fame so far is his wonderful interpretations of the Chinese language, sure to make us all laugh. ("BOO-yao! Foo-yu-in truhble nah.") His favorite movie-which we'll be sure to find on the street- is Napoleon Dynamite "because it's random and hilarious!" His favorite Chinese food is Sweet & Sour Pork [which is also a team favorite too]. Wes' favorite M&M's are the ones with the peanuts in them, and his favorite cookies are chocolate chip. Similarly to Laura and Lauren, his favorite fast-food restaurant is Chick-Fil-A. Maybe in this upcoming year we'll be learning a lesson in taming our cravings for waffle-fries and milkshakes whilst in China.

Wes is super creative in the classroom, and as we walk around campus as a group we can already hear students shouting "Mr. Wes! Mr. Wes!" with a smile. Wes is most looking forward to forming great relationships with these Chinese students; he's well on his way already!"I want the world to know that they have more potential than they think! If I had a million dollars I would put that in the bank immediately and then take time to figure out how to best invest it, so I can continue getting more money out of it!"

"I'll never forget. Once when I was a child I got out of bed after bedtime, went downstairs and picked up a penny. After going back upstairs I was determined to get the penny really clean. So, logically I used my moist tongue to do so! But then I accidentally swallowed the penny!"

Wes' three favorite hobbies include listening to music and singing along, dancing to sweet beats and laughing with friends! "If I had to eat any color crayon, I would like to eat the brown crayon because it should taste like milk chocolate, mmm!"

No comments:

Post a Comment