July 28, 2011

To Harbin, With Love

Dear Harbin,
I am going to love you. My team and I are going to embrace everything you have to offer, treasure every moment spent, and endure any curve or challenge you throw our way. I am so excited to get acquainted and--most importantly-- to love your people.

I am expecting so many hard things, Harbin. But you see, deep down, I knew you were where I am to be. Way deep down; there is nothing more that I can do than accept and enter with an open heart. Harbin, if you let me, I may just fall in love with you and your citizens. You have so much to teach me, I promise I will do my very best to repay the education and knowledge you shall pour into me.

I'm pretty sure my team and I are going to have some crazy awesome times in your vicinity, and I'm pretty sure we're going to change the lives of some students at Heilongjiang East College. Don't take it personally. Overall, I hope you know how excited I am to meet you, to explore, and most importantly experience. I have a feeling we are going to be great friends.


with love,
*Kayla Marie

1 comment: