June 15, 2012

Kayla's Chinese-English Dictionary

 Dear World:
I would like to apologize in advance for the Chinese phrases I will continue uttering the rest of my life. I thought I would help you out and compose a reference guide, your very own, personal Chinese-English Dictionary for the stuff that really matters (that is, the stuff that I know how to say).

Of course, I perfectly understand that you may not have this reference on you at all times. In that case, just give me an awkward stare, allow a three second pause for my mouth-brain registry, and then allow me to fill you in. :)

Sha? What?
Shenma-shenma yadda-yadda
Zei hao Very good!
Kan kan look
Mei shi it's fine
Ke yi/ bu ke yi it's ok, it's not ok
Due bu qi I'm sorry
Zhen da ma? Really?
Xiang xiang I'm thinking...
Zai nar? Where?
Wei shenme? Why?
Wan le! I forgot!

And our team's (and students) personal favorite:
Bi shu de...it must be!

1 comment: