July 2, 2011

Thirty...

Life is full of big moments. These big moments are often anticipated and we as humans often have similar reactions. Some people blush, experience an increase in heart rate, have a harder time breathing, experience a milky glazing or film over their eyes, and swirl in the spinning thought of "is this real life?"  on repeat in their minds. These moments include (but are not limited to) opening acceptance/denial letters, proposals, pregnancies, musical cast/sports team lists 'going up', getting a grade back...I think you get the point (and please note I have only experienced 3 out of the listed 5; I hope you know which ones they are.)

I recently had a moment where all the sound around me faded, my heart beat taking over, and feeling a slight tingling feeling in my fingers and toes. I opened my inbox to find an email entitled "Announcing Your Placement in China". Fingers shaking and eyes focused, a quick prayer was said before the moment of truth...

I will be spending this upcoming year in Harbin, China teaching oral English to university students! Harbin (pronounced har-bean) is located in Heilongjiang province in northeastern China. It is very...cold there. If you would like more specifics I strongly encourage you to check them out on wikipedia, here. I am so incredibly happy with this placement and so incredibly happy with those who I will be serving with this upcoming year. Currently strangers, but not for long.

I depart for this adventure in exactly thirty days. This time is surely going to fly, and for as much as I want to be in the moments here, I am bubbling inside to experience the moments to come there. That's basically all. I told you I'd tell you... thought I would hold true to my word :)
~sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment