July 31, 2012

Planes

Every day, thousands of flights take off and land around our country, and around the world. But if you're not going anywhere, you don't really think about it.  Living 5 minutes from the airport comes with its fair share of noise pollution, but now that I'm moved to central Pennsylvania, I'm lucky if I get to see a plane flying in the sky, let alone hear one.


Today, all across the country there are 40 something young adults who have spent countless hours packing their lives into two tiny suitcases. I know what that feels like. They are excited, then crying, nervous, then sentimental. I get that too. Some of them probably don't know how to eat with chopsticks. They're about to go live a year overseas with complete strangers. I get that. They are the next generation of the program that I have completed, and I couldn't be any more proud of them.


One year ago, that was me.


For now, I feel as though I'm going to have to lay this blog aside. I'd like it to be only dedicated to China, to serve as a remembrance of what happened, to bring back to life the stories and characters that are backstage in my heart; how easily this can bring them to the spotlight.


If, per some chance, the China adventures continue in years to come, this URL will be seeing a lot more action. Until then, you can catch the babblings and observations of this 20-something American girl at this blog instead.


zai jian, China. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment