December 30, 2011

Dear Shakira...

You've been around since I was in 6th grade. That's a long time ago, chica. I know you're a famous singer and all, and with all that fame comes a fence, and people stand on either side of it. The world has different opinions about you. I don't see how--you're just awesome and you got hips, and you sure know how to shake 'em.

Basically Shakira, you are the woman. I don't know if you're aware of this but you've already broken a ton of records in the music industry and you're pretty well off. You lived a tough life and now you're known all over the world. You've done a lot of great work too for UNICEF and even founded the Pies Descalzos Foundation. That's pretty sweet and something I highly commend you for. I can't think of any other music celebrity who has done more for our world than you have. Keep up the awesome work.

I must say thank you, Shakira for the instantaneous pick-me-up that you have given to me and to the world. You have released into the galaxy a song that not only unites the world, but [most importantly] makes us get up and dance as well. Prior to you, the term "Waka Waka" would have been thought to just be childhood jibberish, but now it is a motto, a uniting force, a way of life...bringing the world together through the power of song and dance. This one's comin' at you from China, Shakira. Hopefully the students at Dong Fong Shui Yuan [Heilongjiang East College] did you proud.

1 comment: