October 19, 2011

girls just wanna


Have I mentioned that my team is wonderful? There is no way I could be doing what I am doing without them. We see each other every day. We live, life on life, together every day. Rarely are we ever separated for more than 12 hours; it is a beautiful thing. We are lively young adults, teaching English and loving students day in and day out.

Being in China, one of the many lessons that I have learned is the culture of southern America. I’ve been a Northeasterner my whole life. Now, I am living life on life with three [amazingly awesome fantablous and radiant] Southern Belles. I’ve learned that college football is a way of life. I’ve learned a pocketful of new vocabulary including words and phrases such as “mightcould”, “fixin’ to”, and “janky”. I’ve learned that life is taken to a whole new extreme in the south. That is a small sampling.

“What do you do for fun?”

I am living with Lauren Ketron. By default, I have become an Auburn University football fan. Now, I even know one of their cheers. This is what we do for fun. 

Major props to Michael who experienced this live and had the courage to even stay in the room with us.

1 comment:

  1. hahhahahahaha that is AWESOMEEEE!!! :D you guys are a beautiful thing... i wanna see this cheer LIVE please!! hehe

    ReplyDelete