May 11, 2012

Happy Friday

Hi, my name is Kayla. I'm 22 years old and I actively participate in tickle fights with students in public.  
Here's a few other highlights from the day:

-Carol, my soft-spoken baby shouting to me from the opposite side of the room, arms widespread "what are you doing tonight?" [mind you, this is totally out of character for her.] I mirrored her body language back and shouted "I don't know!" She then came to the teaching podium, skipping back and forth in front of me with a widespread smile on her face. "Does that mean that we can eat dinner together tonight?" The answer: "of course!"

-Having  a second dinner with Sherlock and Ruth, two of Tiffany's students. I responded to Sherlock, saying "way to go, Sherlock!" His response: "You say my name in a happy special way. Sher-lack" [thank you, Rochester accent]. I explained that it is my accent from home. His response: "Ahh yes, you Americans speak happy English. The people in Britain speak  a more angry English."

-Sherlock is a guy filled with jokes, and he's really good at telling them in a second language! He busts one out at the table and everyone is laughing. The comment is said "Sherlock, you are so great." His response: "Yes, I know, but there is one thing I cannot do…get pregnant."
Really, where does he get this?

-We spent approximately 30 minutes at the dinner table making faces at each other, seeing who could roll their tongues, raise one eyebrow at a time [at which I am unsuccessful], and doing finger "magic tricks".

-I treated myself to some soft serve "ice cream" [not real ice cream…China ice cream, more like milk cream] when I was provoked to enter a tickle fight with Ruth. Let's just say I shoved the ice cream down as fast as a could (resulting in some serious brain freeze) and on the public road changed between chasing and being chased by Ruth's deadly tickle fingers. [Yes, I'm horrifically ticklish]. I think I won, as she eventually collapsed in my arms and I dragged her across the road, both of us laughing all the way.

…and just so you know as I type this to you, there a fireworks being shot off outside my window. Happy China. Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment