May 6, 2012

A Royal Wedding

I love starting rumors, particularly when they're not true. (At least, as far as teaching is concerned)
"Hey, have you heard? Two of your classmates are dating!!"
Oh the gasps that ensued when I let that one free. Immediate questions of who would be secretly dating (and the bigger question: "how does Miss Kayla know?") were tossed around in Chinese. Of course I knew what I was getting myself into, and every second was worth it. 

Turns out, according to this rumor, that this couple had been dating a long time and actually wanted to get married. Of course, the fathers permission had to be asked and a whole 'plan' had to be laid out for the proposal. At the end of the day, the women in both classes said yes.

I love playing the "dumb card", particularly as a teacher with second language learners. It's always a competition to see who will pick up what's happening first and play along with me until all are on board. 
"Class, I can tell you that the man in the relationship is Colby. But Colby, I seem to have forgotten your girlfriends name. Could you tell me her name again?"
"I have no girlfriend."
"But I know for a fact that you are dating one of the girls in your class. It's about time we all know who she is. Who is that special girl? I forgot her name"
"Oh! Oh...Yes teacher, you are right, I am dating one of my classmates. It's Tessa!"
(gasps and claps from the entire class)

The task at hand was to design a wedding dress for their classmate, a new bride-to-be.

Their time limit: 20 minutes
Their materials: toilet paper.

Turns out I got to try my hand at being a wedding photographer without actually having the fear of screwing up someones wedding. Definitely something I'll be pursuing some day :)







Anything to see them laugh...


1 comment:

  1. You are indeed a great wedding photographer! And an even better teacher for these students!

    ReplyDelete